The Delta Modules are intended to offer candidates who have substantial experience of teaching English to adult speakers of other languages the opportunity to:
- acquire new insights into this area and a deeper understanding of the principles and practice of ELT to adults;
- examine their current practices and beliefs;
- apply the results of their learning and reflection to their current professional lives and to circumstances beyond their present and previous teaching experience.
The course programme is designed to include the following areas:
Focus on background to teaching and learning ESOL in a range of contexts.
1. Theoretical perspectives of language acquisition and language teaching.
2. Different approaches and methodologies including current developments.
3. Language systems and learners' linguistic problems.
4. Language skills and learners' problems.
5. Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning.
6. Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.The syllabus can be downloaded from the Cambridge ESOL website.
Are you sure of the following?
1. That you will be able to give the commitment that the course requires?
2. That you will be free to attend all the Fridays and the intensive week?
3. That you will be able to provide suitable adult classes for observation with a minimum of 5 students?
4. That you have easy access to word processing and printing facilities?
Points 2 and 3 may involve checking with your employer.